And Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS)
This program is designed to provide offshore employees working in Canada or internationally with a basic understanding of the hazards associated with helicopter transport whether landing on a Helideck, on a Ship or on an Offshore Installation. Safety and Survival equipment, both passenger issued and on the helicopter are reviewed as well as procedures for preparing to ditch, abandonment on the surface and underwater egress exercises using the UETS-HUET.
Please Note: For those required to use Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS), both rebreathers (Shark APP, Norwegian 3rd Lung) and compressed air (HUEBA, HEEDS) are also offered.
- Offshore helicopter hazards
- Personnel and aircraft survival equipment
- Procedures to prepare for ditching
- Helicopter abandonment and underwater egress procedures
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) using the Underwater Egress Training Simulators (UETS)
- Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS)
DURATION: One (1) day
- Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities. Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements.
- A valid Medical Certificate is required to be submitted prior to start of course. See “General Information: Medical Fitness” for full details.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card)
COURSE FILES :