This program is designed to provide delegates with a basic understanding of the hazards associated with helicopter transport whether landing on a Helideck, on a Ship or on an Offshore Installation. Safety and Survival equipment, both passenger issued and on the helicopter are reviewed as well as procedures for preparing to ditch, abandonment on the surface and underwater escape exercises using the UETS-HUET.
Please Note: For those required to use Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS), both rebreathers (Survival One Air Pocket, and LAPP Jacket) are available.
- Offshore helicopter hazards
- Personnel and aircraft survival equipment
- Procedures to prepare for ditching
- Helicopter abandonment & underwater egress procedures
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) using an Egress Training Simulator
- Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS) – (Survival One Air Pocket/LAPP Jacket)
One (1) days.
- Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities. Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements.
- A valid Medical Certificate is required to be submitted prior to start of course. See “FAQ`s -Medical Fitness” for full details.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card)
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for OPITO approved Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) including Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS) , valid for four (4) years
- A laminated picture identification card.
Request Information or Register