To view our most asked questions please click on the questions below to view the answers.What Identification is required to be submitted prior to start of course?
A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card). Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities. Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements. A valid Medical Certificate is required to be submitted prior to start of course.What is your cancellation policy?
Survival Systems Training requires three (3) WORKING days notice for any cancellation. SSTL’s cancellation policy will apply to any trainee or company representative who fails to provide 3 business days notice. For further information, please contact reception:
Tel.: 1.902.465.3888 x 100
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgIs parking available on site?
Free vehicle parking is available at our facility. Transportation from Survival Systems Training to the various training sites will be provided
Still Need Help?
01. How do I register for a program?
To register for courses, please contact our Registrar:
Tel.: 1.902.465.3888 x 103
02. What are the terms of payment?
Survival Systems Training accepts the following methods of payment :
- Credit card
- Money order
- Certified cheque (personal cheques are not accepted)
- Bank draft
Companies with an established credit history with Survival Systems Training may arrange payment on approved credit. All payments are required in full on the first day of training.
03. I have already taken an OPITO/OLF program. Is this training acceptable when working offshore in Canada?
Basic Survival Training – Recurrent (BST-R)
- Basic Survival Training (BST) Certificate issued by the Marine Institute, St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Basic Survival Training (BST) Certificate issued by Survival Systems Training, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training and European Module Certificate issued by OPITO-approved provider issued prior to November 1, 2007, or with a certificate issued after this date plus completion of the BST-R
- Basic Safety and Emergency Preparedness Training and Helicopter Evacuation Certificate issued by OLF-approved provider in Norway
Note: Certificates issued for the successful completion of the OPITO and OLF-approved courses will be considered valid for a period of three (3) years from the date of issue.
For personnel entering the jurisdiction for the first time, an OLF approved survival refresher course with proof of having completed a HUET module will be accepted or an OPITO survival refresher course plus a European upgrade module will be accepted if issued prior to November 1, 2007. A certificate from an OPITO-approved training provider issued after November 1, 2007 will be accepted on completion of the BST-R.