This program is designed to provide helicopter landing officer candidates with the knowledge to identify hazards, an overview of safe work practices for helideck operations and the skills to respond to any helicopter/helideck emergency on offshore platforms.
- Communication, helideck crew hazards and responsibilities
- Helideck equipment familiarization
- Helicopter flight characteristics and identification
- Helideck personnel requirements and training
- Fuel quality control and re-fuelling procedures
- Flight operations procedures
- Emergency procedures including:
- Overdue or lost radio communication
- Helideck emergencies – crash, deck, ship or platform, into sea
- Personnel evacuation
- Shutdown procedures
One day (8 hours).
- A valid Offshore Fire Team or MED B2 certificate
- 6 months recent experience as a member of the Heli-deck crew
- Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements.
- A statement of health form completed on the first day of the course.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card)
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for Helicopter Landing Officer
- A laminated picture identification card.
Request Information or Register