This program is designed to provide personnel with formal training in Command & Control and Management of Major Emergencies. The program applies to Offshore Installation Managers (OIM), and those designated to succeed the OIM in emergency situations. It is also applicable to other senior managers of offshore installations; emergency response team members, including radio operators, control room operators, fire team leads; production leads; vessel leads; rig superintendents and other potential leaders in emergency situations.
Trainees are evaluated by various methods including: simulation, observation, questioning, setting projects and tasks, and debriefing.
This program provides both theoretical and practical training with emphasis on practical simulated exercises. Personnel will experience realistic emergency scenarios played out in real time. The program will focus on Command & Control and Management of Major Emergencies and not on technical details. OPITO (SQA) certified trainers, who are independent assessors; together with external experts, provide the framework to the underlying principles of emergency management.
The program, as a minimum, will cover the following topics:
- Maintaining a state of readiness
- Situation assessment, prioritization and implementation of effective action
- Maintenance of communications
- Delegation of authority
- Management of individual and team performance in emergencies
- Dealing with stress in oneself and in others
Four (4) days (30 hours).
- A statement of health form completed on the first day of the course.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card)
All persons who successfully complete the program based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for Command & Control and Management of Major Emergencies (valid for three years).
- A laminated picture identification card.
Request Information or Register