Request Information or Register
This program is designed to provide all offshore employees and shore-based personnel with a basic understanding of the hazards associated with working in an offshore (oil industry) environment, the knowledge and skills necessary to react effectively to offshore emergencies, and the procedures to care for themselves and others in a survival situation.
This course meets requirements as listed in the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) Atlantic Canada Offshore Petroleum Industry:
- Standard Practice for the Training and Qualifications of Personnel;
- Mandatory Safety Training for All Petroleum Installations;
- Personal Safety Training (Section 3.1.2)
- Hazards and emergencies associated with offshore (oil industry) operations
- Drills and emergency response
- Personal flotation devices & survival suits
- Methods of abandonment
- Inflatable liferafts
- Totally Enclosed Motor Propelled Survival Craft (TEMPSC)
- Survival theory, plan and practical survival equipment use
- Search and Rescue
- Prevention, detection, and control of fire
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Helicopter safety and emergency procedures
- Helicopter Underwater Emergency Breathing Apparatus (HUEBA) brief
Practical exercises will include:
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) using an Egress Training Simulator
- Practical sea survival exercises
- Fire Fighting & smoke house (SCBA)
- Practical Abandonment exercises
- HUEBA (wet) familiarization
Five (5) days.
- Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities. Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements.
- A valid Medical Certificate is required to be submitted prior to start of course. See “FAQ`s -Medical Fitness” for full details.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card)
All persons who successfully complete the program based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for Basic Survival Training (valid for three years).
- A laminated picture identification card.