This program is designed to refresh and update the knowledge and skills of offshore employees and shore-based personnel in the procedures and information presented in the Basic Survival Training program.
- Emergency response
- Review of offshore hazards
- SCBA/Fire Fighting review
- Personal lifesaving equipment
- Offshore Abandonment, survival, and Rescue equipment and techniques
- Safety and Emergency procedures associated with Helicopter transport
- HUEBA brief
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) using an Egress Training Simulator
Practical exercises will include:
- Practical sea survival training exercises will be conducted with Lifeboat
- Practical Helicopter abandonment & HUET exercises
- HUEBA (wet) familiarization
Two (2) Days
- A valid Basic Survival Training certificate.
- A current OPITO approved “Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training” (BOSIET) certificate or an OLF approved “Basic Safety and Emergency Training” certificate will be required to complete the BSTR. (Must be within 3 years of its validity period)
- Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities.
- A valid Medical Certificate is required to be submitted prior to start of course. See “FAQ`s -Medical Fitness” for full details.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the practical day. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card)
All persons who successfully complete the program based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for Basic Survival Training – Recurrent (valid for three years).
- A laminated picture identification card.
Request Information or Register
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true”]