The aim of this course is to provide workers with the awareness of the need for fall protection and the knowledge and skills necessary when working at heights. Trainees will receive training in equipment selection and use and the correct procedures for minimizing fall hazards.
This program will meet or exceed applicable government regulations for the training of employees working at heights. Trainees will acquire knowledge and skills through a combination of lecture presentations, group discussions, film presentations, equipment demonstrations and performance based exercises. Trainees are required to complete written and practical testing in order to receive course certification.
Areas of study will include the following:
- Government Regulations
- Standard Setting Agencies
- Hazards of Elevated Work
- Fall Protection Systems and Hierarchies of Control
- Selection of Anchor Points
- Types of Body Support
- Means of Connecting
- Harness Selection and Fitting
- Calculating Fall Distances
- Care, Maintenance and Inspections
- Emergency Response procedures
Practical training exercises of the following:
- Harness Fitting
- Self-Retracting Lifelines
- Rope Grabs
- Retractable Lanyards
- Ladder Climbing Systems
- Fall Arrest Winch
- Tripod Lowering/ Recovery System
- Horizontal and Vertical Lifelines
Half (1/2) day.
- Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities.
- Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements. See “FAQ`s -Medical Fitness” for full details.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage Card)
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for Fall Protection
- A laminated wallet course qualification card
Refresher training is recommended every one to two years. Expiry is subject to local jurisdiction/regulations.
Request Information or Register