The aim of this course is to provide workers with the awareness, knowledge and skills necessary to both operate safely at heights and to perform safe, effective and reliable methods of rescuing themselves or other personnel.
This program will meet or exceed applicable government regulations for the training of employees working at heights. Trainees will acquire knowledge and skills through a combination of lecture presentations, group discussions, film presentations, equipment demonstrations and performance based exercises. Trainees are required to complete written and practical testing in order to receive course certification.
Areas of study will include the following:
- Government Regulations
- Standard Setting Agencies
- Hazards of Elevated Work
- Fall Protection Systems and Hierarchy of controls
- Selection of Anchor Points
- Types of Body Support
- Means of Connecting
- Harness Selection and Fitting
- Calculating Fall Distances
- Care, Maintenance and Inspections
Practical training exercises will be conducted on a suitable elevated structure (tower) using the following equipment where applicable:
- Rope Grabs
- Ladder Climbing Systems
- Tripod Lowering/ Recovery System
- Rope-based Retrieval Systems
- Self-Retracting Lifelines
- Retractable Lanyards
- Fall Arrest Winch
- Horizontal and Vertical Lifelines
- Lifelines and other P.P.E.
- Casualty Harnesses
- Anchor Selection and Rigging
- Emergency response procedures
- Casualty Raises Using Mechanical Advantage Haul Systems
- Care, Maintenance and Use of All Rescue Equipment
- Casualty Lowering
- Rope Grabs, Carabineers, and other Hardware
One (1) day.
- Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities. Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage Card)
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for Fall Protection Basic Rescue
- A laminated wallet course qualification card
Refresher training is recommended every one to two years. Expiry is subject to local jurisdiction/regulations.
Request Information or Register