This program is designed to train members of an Industrial Fire Brigade in the techniques of incipient, advanced interior and exterior firefighting as described in NFPA STANDARD 600 “INDUSTRIAL FIRE BRIGADES.”
This program will instruct trainees in the safe and effective use of firefighting equipment and techniques applicable to their area of responsibility. Trainees will acquire knowledge and skills through a combination of lecture presentations, group discussions and both individual and team practical exercises. Trainees are required to successfully complete written and practical testing in order to receive course certification.
Areas of study will include the following:
- Fire Behaviour
- Water Supply
- Fire Streams
- Fire Control
- Automatic Sprinkler Systems
- Salvage and Overhaul
- Building Construction
- Firefighter Safety
Practical training exercises will be conducted at the fire training ground or at the client’s site (with the Mobile Training Unit) using the following equipment:
- Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Firefighter Protective Clothing
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Hoselines (Handlines and Master Streams)
- Hose Appliances and Tools
Three (3) days.
- Trainees should be in a good state of health and are expected to participate in all physical training requirements. All members of an industrial fire brigade should be examined and certified annually by a qualified physician as being medically and physically fit.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card)
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for Industrial Firefighting
- A laminated wallet course qualification card
Refresher training is recommended every one to two years. Expiry is subject to local jurisdiction/regulations.
Request Information or Register