The aim of this course is to provide workers with the awareness, knowledge and skills necessary to verify that the health and safety of personnel is protected and maintained in areas where atmospheric gases may be present.
This program will meet or exceed applicable regulations, including the CAPP Offshore Training and Qualification Standard Practice 2012. Trainees will acquire knowledge and skills through a combination of lecture presentations, group discussions, film presentations, equipment demonstrations and performance based exercises. Trainees are required to complete written testing in order to receive course certification.
Areas of study will include the following:
- Applicable Regulations
- Properties of chemicals
- Gas laws
- Oxygen deficiency – causes and testing
- Gas detectors – selection, care, use, and limitations
- Gas testing strategies and principles
Practical training exercises/demonstrations will be conducted using the following equipment where applicable:
- Gas detectors (electronic)
- Gas detectors (tubes)
- Calibration gas
One (1) day.
- Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities.Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage Card)
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for Atmospheric Gas Tester Training
- A laminated wallet course qualification card
- Refresher training, or proof of competency, is recommended every 3 years, per CAPP requirements.
Request Information or Register