The aim of the course is to refresh the seafarers’ skills in the operation of Fast Rescue Boats/Craft, and is designed to comply with the requirements of Chapter VI, Section A-VI/2, paragraph 11 of the STCW Convention, including 2010 Manila Amendments.
This course meets the requirements of Chapter VI, Section A-VI/2, paragraph 11 of the STCW Convention, including the 2010 Manilla Amendments.
This program includes
- Safety Principles
- Pre-launch preparation and procedures
- Launching and recovery
- Maneuvering FRB in various conditions
- SAR patterns
- Capsize and recovery
Practical training includes:
- FRB handling, including launching and recovery
- FRB maneuvering in various sea states and conditions, including high speed and low speed
- Pacing and towing with other craft, including other survival craft
- FRB capsize and righting
- Search and Rescue patterns, including PIW rescue
Minimum of 14 hours
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- A person must hold a training certificate in Proficiency with Fast Rescue Boats or equivalent under subsection 2.2 of Chapter 2 of TP 4957E to take this course.
- Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities. Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements.
- A statement of health form completed on the first day of the course. A valid Medical Certificate, preferably the Mariners Medical, is required to be submitted prior to start of course. See “General Information: Medical Fitness” for full details.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card)
WITHOUT EXCEPTION, those trainees in non-compliance will be refused and billed the full program fee.
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Transport Canada EXN 24 certificate of completion for STCW Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boat
Request Information or Register