This program is designed to provide personnel working in industrial, commercial or institutional facilities who are not members of an Emergency Response Team with a basic understanding of fire hazards in the workplace, preventative measures and appropriate responses to a fire emergency. Trainees will develop skills associated with the use of fire extinguishing devices and alarm systems.
This program will cover fire hazards commonly found in the workplace, fire safety procedures and equipment, and general or company fire response procedures.
Areas of study will include the following:
- Fire Behaviour Theory
- Reporting Procedures
- Alarm Systems
- Fire Safety and Prevention
- Fighting Incipient Fires
- Fire Extinguishing Equipment
- Sprinkler Systems
- Standpipe Systems
- Correct Response to an Incipient Fire
Trainees receive practical demonstration and use of the following:
- Water Extinguishers
- Carbon Dioxide Extinguishers
- Dry Chemical Extinguishers
- Practical Usage Exercise
All participants will extinguish an incipient fire using the FirePan™ fire extinguisher training simulator.
All participants will receive a trainee reference manual to keep.
Four (4) hours.
- Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities. Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage Card)
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for Workplace Fire Safety
- A laminated wallet course qualification card
Refresher training is recommended every one to two years. Expiry is subject to local jurisdiction/regulations.
Request Information or Register