The aim of this course is to provide workers and supervisors with the knowledge and skills required when working in a confined space environment. Trainees will receive training and certification appropriate for Entrants and Safety Attendants for confined spaces.
SSTL’s industrial courses involve rigorous practical exercises with significant physical demands. Please note that during the training program, you will be required to perform the following activities as a physically fit participant:
- Lift and manipulate another trainee with a second rescuer
- Manipulate another trainee up, down and across representative confined space openings
- Hoist another trainee upwards using a rope mechanical advantage system (1/3 or 1/4 of the person’s weight)
Due to the physical requirements of these industrial courses, they are not recommended for persons who have pre-existing back, joint or soft tissue medical issues or any other pre-existing injury/medical condition that may hinder your ability to participate in the above noted activities.
This program will cover applicable government regulations for working in a confined space environment. Trainees will acquire knowledge and skills through a combination of lecture presentations, group discussions, and individual and team practical exercises. Trainees are required to successfully complete written and practical testing in order to receive course certification.
Areas of study will include the following:
- Confined Space Regulations
- Entry Programs & Permit Systems
- Physical Hazards & Control Measures
- Atmospheric Hazards & Control Measures
- Duties of Entrants & Attendants
- Confined Space Entry & Retrieval Equipment
- Respiratory Protection
- Actions During a Confined Space Emergency
Practical training exercises will be conducted in the Confined Space Rescue Trainer using the following equipment:
- Portable Gas Detection Systems
- Lockout Equipment
- Tripod Access & Retrieval Systems
- Self-Rescue Systems
- Davit Access & Retrieval Systems
- Positive Pressure Ventilation Equipment
- Respiratory Protection Equipment
- CSA Standard Z259.10, Group E Harness
- Communications Equipment
- Rope-based Retrieval Systems
- Lifelines & Other P.P.E.
- S.C.B.A. and S.A.R. Breathing Air Systems
One (1) day.
- Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities. Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage Card)
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for Confined Entrant / Attendant
- A laminated wallet course qualification card
Refresher training is recommended every one to two years. Expiry is subject to local jurisdiction/regulations.
Request Information or Register