This program is designed to provide delegates with a basic understanding of the hazards associated with helicopter transport whether landing on a Helideck, on a Ship or on an Offshore Installation. Safety and Survival equipment, both passenger issued and on the helicopter are reviewed as well as procedures for preparing to ditch, abandonment on the surface and underwater escape exercises using the UETS-HUET.
Areas of study will include the following:
Helicopter Safety & Escape:
- Offshore helicopter hazards
- Personnel and aircraft survival equipment
- Procedures to prepare for ditching
- Helicopter abandonment & underwater egress procedures
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) using the Underwater Egress Training Simulators (UETS)
- Abandonment theory and practical sea survival training.
- Actions for mustering and boarding of a survival craft, and actions as a passenger during launching operations.
- Use of helicopter rescue strops, and winching procedures.
One (1) days.
- Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities. Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements.
- A valid Medical Certificate is required to be submitted prior to start of course. See “FAQ`s -Medical Fitness” for full details.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card)
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for OPITO approved Tropical Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (T-HUET), valid for four (4) years
- A laminated picture identification card.
Request Information or Register