This is a one day course designed for those personnel who are designated as heli-deck team members. The course focus is on fire and emergency response to a helicopter incident on offshore vessels and installations.
The course objectives will be met through theory and practical live fire training exercises. Each candidate will extinguish a large class B fire with water, Foam and Dry Chemical firefighting agents.
This program will cover:
- Chemistry of fire
- Firefighting agents
- Helicopter Construction
- Helicopter crash fire fighting
- Personal Protective equipment
- Breathing apparatus
- Portable and semi-portable extinguishers
- Hose handling
- Foam making appliances
Practical training exercises will be conducted at the Fire Field.
One day (8 hours).
- Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements.
- A valid Medical Certificate is required to be submitted prior to start of course. See “FAQ`s -Medical Fitness” for full details.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card)
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for Helicopter Fire Fighting
- A laminated picture identification card.
Request Information or Register