To provide personnel on passenger carrying vessels (12 or more passengers, 500 gross tonnage or more) with standards for familiarization, basic safety training, and competencies, in order to cope with hazards and emergencies.
To provide seafarers with an understanding of measures to be taken in order to ensure safe operation of passenger carrying vessels.
The course meets the requirements of Transport Canada TP Document 13024 Training Standards for Personnel on board Passenger Carrying Vessels.
This program will cover the following topics:
- Crowd Management Training
- Familiarization Training
- Safety Training for Personnel providing direct service to Passengers
- Passenger Safety Training
- Crisis Management and Human Behaviour Training
Minimum of 12.5 hours of training over two (2) days.
- Trainees must be at least 16 years of age.
- Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities. Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements. WITHOUT EXCEPTION, those trainees in non-compliance will be refused and billed the full program fee.
- A statement of health form completed on the first day of the course. A valid Medical Certificate is required to be submitted prior to start of course. See “FAQ`s -Medical Fitness” for full details.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card)
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Transport Canada EXN 24 STCW certificate of completion for Passenger Safety Management (PSM). )
Request Information or Register
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true”]