This program is designed to provide offshore installation personnel the knowledge and skills to enable them to take command of both rigid and inflatable survival craft during abandonment.
This program will cover:
- Inflatable Life rafts & lifeboats
- Mustering & crowd control
- Survival craft launching systems including PROD
- Abandonment procedures
- Handling of survival craft
- Actions after abandonment
- Signaling devices
- Rescue Procedures
DURATION: Four (4) days.
- A valid Basic Survival Training (BST) certificate or equivalent.
- Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements.
- A valid Medical Certificate is required to be submitted prior to start of course. See “General Information: Medical Fitness” for full details.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card)
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A Survival Systems Training certificate for Survival Craft Coxswain, valid for 3 years
- A laminated picture identification card