The aim of this course is to provide workers with the knowledge and skills necessary to work safely and efficiently in directing crane, rigging and lifting operations in an offshore hoisting environment.
This course meets the requirements of:
- CAPP TQ Section 3.2.13:
- Mandatory Safety Training for All Petroleum Installations;
- Technical Safety Training;
- Banksman Training
Oversee Rigger personnel (as per Rigger training and qualifications listed above)
- Legislation, roles and responsibilities
- Safety and risk assessment
- Manual handling
- Proper use and handling of equipment
- Lifting, placing and disconnecting loads
- Identification and demonstration of hand and radio signals
- Risk assessments, lifting plans and controls
- Practical training exercises will be conducted throughout the course
DURATION: 8 hours (one day)
- Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all program activities. Trainees are expected to participate in all physical training requirements.
- WITHOUT EXCEPTION, those trainees in non-compliance will be refused and billed the full program fee.
- A valid Government Identification is required and must be presented for registration and to the instructor on the first day of course commencement. (Driver’s License, Passport, Vantage card)
Banksman Training – Outline (NEW).pdf
Request Information or Register